- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings
A traditional Mediterranean hummus atop New York Style® Pita Chips.
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 16-oz. can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- ¼ c. stir tahini (sesame seed paste), stirred well
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Red Hot Chili Pepper Pita Chips
- With motor running, drop garlic through feed tube of food processor; process until minced.
- Add garbanzo beans, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Process until well blended and almost smooth. Hummus will be thick. If desired, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water for a thinner consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; drizzle with additional olive oil if desired and serve with pita chips.